Method 1: Locating The Model Number Of Your Laptop Using Product Label
This is the easiest and the most efficient way of locating the model number of your device. Follow the steps given below to get your model as well as product number:
- In most of the laptops, the label containing the information is located on the lower side of the device. To locate it, first of all, unplug the laptop from any AC cable and shut it down.
- Reverse your laptop and keep it in a safe place.
- On the base of the laptop, you may see a label where an icon of your computer manufacturer is printed.
Method 2: Locating The Model Number Of Your Laptop Using System Information
- Head on to the home page of your laptop.
- Click ⊞Win button and get on to ‘Run’ menu. You can also do this by using the shortcut key ⊞Win + R.
- Type in “msinfo32” without quotes.
- Click OK. This will open the Windows System Information utility, which contains details about your specific model of laptop (such as Latitude E6520 for Dell Laptop).
- Find and write down the “System Model” number.
Method 3: Locating The Model Number Of Your Laptop Using Access Of BIOS
This method is the last option but the most successful one. If above methods did not work on your computer, you can rely on this.
BIOS stands for Basic Input/output system, you can access this system and find out the information about your computer using the steps given below:
- Close all your applications and save in case you are doing some important work. Restart your computer.
- As soon as your computer turn on, immediately press the F2 key or ESC key whichever your computer supports to go to the BIOS Menu.
- If you failed to go to the boot menu, again restart your computer and follow the above steps again.
- Once you get into the BIOS, you can see the full information such as model number, the product number of your computer.